By Gloria Crisp,Deryl K. Hatch
This quantity explores the newest study on:
- how scholar good fortune software learn is conceptualized and operationalized,
- evidence for methods within which interventions foster optimistic pupil outcomes,
- critical inquiry of the way scholars themselves event them, and
- challenges and counsel concerning application layout, implementation and evaluation.
This is the one hundred and seventy fifth quantity of this Jossey-Bass quarterly record sequence. necessary to the pro libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and different leaders in modern-day open-door associations, New instructions for neighborhood Colleges offers professional information in assembly the demanding situations in their certain and increasing academic mission.
Read Online or Download Promising and High-Impact Practices: Student Success Programs in the Community College Context: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 175 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges) PDF
Similar college & university education books
Based in 1880, Presbyterian collage exists this day because the manifestation of 1 man's dream. William Plumer Jacobs, minister of Clinton's first Presbyterian church and founding father of Thornwell Orphanage, anticipated Clinton as a middle for Presbyterian schooling in South Carolina. His dream, supported through generations who him, has created and maintained this powerful liberal arts university, preserving it wealthy within the beliefs of honor and repair.
The case for a versatile paintings time table for college has been time and again made, with one coverage suggestion being part-time positions for tenure-track/tenured school (PTTT). regardless of a few of the merits of this strategy for either school and associations, the PTTT proposal is the least carried out coverage for college flexibility and is poorly understood.
In fresh many years, American universities have started to tout the “diversity” in their college and pupil our bodies. yet what sorts of variety are being championed of their admissions and hiring practices, and what forms are being overlooked? Is range sufficient to resolve the structural inequalities that plague our universities?
The fundamental guidebook for potent school hiring committees most sensible Practices for school seek Committees offers a transparent, direct motion plan for school and management keen on hiring. Written through a veteran collage administrator, this ebook lays out a step by step strategy for choosing the precise candidate for the activity.
- Creating Interdisciplinary Campus Cultures: A Model for Strength and Sustainability
- Neuroteach: Brain Science and the Future of Education
- Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog, 5th Edition
- Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives
- A Century of Service: Land-Grant Colleges and Universities, 1890-1990
- Dispositions of Leadership: The Effects on Student Learning and School Culture
Additional info for Promising and High-Impact Practices: Student Success Programs in the Community College Context: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 175 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges)
Promising and High-Impact Practices: Student Success Programs in the Community College Context: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 175 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges) by Gloria Crisp,Deryl K. Hatch