By Concha Delgado Gaitan
Help your Latino scholars turn into college-bound!
This groundbreaking publication indicates how educators will help Latino scholars triumph over the boundaries that hinder them from attending collage. Delgado Gaitan, an award-winning professor, pupil, and first-generation Latina collage graduate, stocks profitable techniques from the nation’s most eminent college-readiness courses for Latino rookies. you will find:
- Guidance on making a "college tradition" in hassle-free, heart, and secondary university, either in the lecture room and through the building
- Insights on operating with households and neighborhood enterprises to advertise Latino scholars' institution success and school goals
- Best practices for training scholars, together with 5 necessities for college-preparedness
Read or Download Creating a College Culture for Latino Students: Successful Programs, Practices, and Strategies PDF
Similar college & university education books
Based in 1880, Presbyterian collage exists at the present time because the manifestation of 1 man's dream. William Plumer Jacobs, minister of Clinton's first Presbyterian church and founding father of Thornwell Orphanage, anticipated Clinton as a middle for Presbyterian schooling in South Carolina. His dream, supported through generations who him, has created and maintained this powerful liberal arts collage, holding it wealthy within the beliefs of honor and repair.
The case for a versatile paintings agenda for school has been many times made, with one coverage suggestion being part-time positions for tenure-track/tenured school (PTTT). regardless of a number of the advantages of this process for either college and associations, the PTTT inspiration is the least applied coverage for college flexibility and is poorly understood.
In contemporary a long time, American universities have started to tout the “diversity” in their college and pupil our bodies. yet what types of variety are being championed of their admissions and hiring practices, and what types are being overlooked? Is variety adequate to resolve the structural inequalities that plague our universities?
The basic guidebook for powerful college hiring committees most sensible Practices for college seek Committees offers a transparent, direct motion plan for school and management fascinated with hiring. Written via a veteran collage administrator, this ebook lays out a step by step procedure for choosing the ideal candidate for the activity.
- Ausgezeichnete Lehre!': Lehrpreise an Universitäten. Erörterungen - Konzepte - Vergabepraxis (German Edition)
- Black Faculty in the Academy: Narratives for Negotiating Identity and Achieving Career Success
- Entspannt durch den Schulalltag: Selbst- und Stressmanagement für Lehrerinnen und Lehrer (German Edition)
- Evaluating e-Learning: Guiding Research and Practice (Connecting with E-learning)
- Rethinking Sexual Identity in Education (Curriculum, Cultures, and (Homo)Sexualities Series)
- Boston University (Campus History)
Additional info for Creating a College Culture for Latino Students: Successful Programs, Practices, and Strategies
Creating a College Culture for Latino Students: Successful Programs, Practices, and Strategies by Concha Delgado Gaitan