By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and certainly one of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining cutting edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and renowned media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social studies and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) in terms of neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the class of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
American society isn't any longer outlined by means of marriage. this day, an expanding majority of yank families are headed by way of unmarried women and men. Even these americans who do marry spend no less than half their grownup lives on my own. residing on one's personal provides precise demanding situations counting on one's age, wellbeing and fitness, and situations.
A provocative background that finds how intercourse employees were on the leading edge of social justice pursuits for the prior fifty years whereas construction a flow in their personal that demanding situations our principles approximately exertions, sexuality, feminism, and freedom Fifty nations deal with intercourse paintings as a sound task, and it's been legalized (with regulations) in 11 others.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Brain Play: A consultant to Erotic Hypnosis brought millions of individuals to the intriguing, attractive international of erotic hypnosis. Now, take your wisdom to the subsequent point with The brain Play examine consultant. Are you seeking to examine extra approximately erotic hypnosis? The brain Play learn advisor includes 27 classes, entire with routines to exploit in training the abilities from every one bankruptcy.
- What’s Love Got to Do with It?: Transnational Desires and Sex Tourism in the Dominican Republic (Latin America Otherwise)
- Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery
- Attachment and Sexuality: 21 (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- Obsession: Male Same-Sex Relations in China, 1900-1950 (Queer Asia)
Additional info for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio